Did anyone take the MCAT at UCLA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDtoBe777

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I signed up to take the MCAT at UCLA. I was assigned to Franz Hall. Did any of you take the MCAT there? How are the desks? rooms?...anything else? I'm taking the MCAT in room 1178, if that helps.

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I took it at UCLA ... it sounds like you don't go to school there. I was used to the rooms and that's why I opted to take it there. The desks are on the small side, BUT the proctors are really good about giving everyone enough space. There were only 30 people in my room (a room that holds 200 people). Franz 1178 is one of the better rooms to take it in, I would say. Good luck!

MDtoBe777 said:
I signed up to take the MCAT at UCLA. I was assigned to Franz Hall. Did any of you take the MCAT there? How are the desks? rooms?...anything else? I'm taking the MCAT in room 1178, if that helps.

Thanks! :)

UCLA is a fine place to take it, i personally loved taking it here because i was so used to the classrooms (i practically live in the CS lecture halls).

Franz is very nice, and UCLA is known for its kind and efficient proctors- the ones i had were very well organized and flexible, still managing to get us out by 5.

The physical size of the seats is kind of small, however. being a person of taller stature, i asked for an edge seat to stretch my legs and was fine; if you need a large amount of desk space you should ask about the desks in the top of the halls, usually there are one or two free-standing ones that they'll let you use if you absolutely feel you need it, but nobody at my administration did (they offered).

UCLA's great, good luck, Go Bruins!