Did Bad in Pre Reqs, Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jake36

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So i ended my sophomore year, and the only pre req i haven't taken is Physics 2. Ive worked really hard the last semester, but I have 3 Fs in my prereqs (freshman year)that Ive already retaken. And not to help my situation mostly Cs and C+s in the other prereqs. I know my position right now has no chance, but to see some optimism in my situation with an extreme upward trend of very high grades (As) in upper level sciences my junior and senior year such as microbio, physio, histo, biochem, cell bio, immunology, and others will I be considered to have a chance in dental school admission? Of course with a good score on my DATs. These are med/dental school level courses and excelling them can show dental schools I can handle the course load. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

you're really going to need to work very hard with those upper level biology courses, that is for sure. Retake the pre-reqs and get A's in them.

Hey Guys,

So i ended my sophomore year, and the only pre req i haven't taken is Physics 2. Ive worked really hard the last semester, but I have 3 Fs in my prereqs (freshman year)that Ive already retaken. And not to help my situation mostly Cs and C+s in the other prereqs. I know my position right now has no chance, but to see some optimism in my situation with an extreme upward trend of very high grades (As) in upper level sciences my junior and senior year such as microbio, physio, histo, biochem, cell bio, immunology, and others will I be considered to have a chance in dental school admission? Of course with a good score on my DATs. These are med/dental school level courses and excelling them can show dental schools I can handle the course load. What do you guys think?

Ehh I don't know if they're quite med / dental school level but it's a good thing that you've been showing improvement. Consider retaking those courses that you have failed or did poorly and getting A's in all of them; anything less than a solid A will raise flags