Did Covid-19 Leak from a Lab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Butters Stotch

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello I thought I would post this here as a lot of intelligent people run across this forum on a daily basis. Came across this article: and I feel like I'm going crazy starting to believe it was leaked from a lab. I was still skeptical until I cam across the idea of how ready to go the virus was when it was exposed to humans. Usually don't zoonotic jumps from viruses to a new host take month's to years to complete? (source: https://mmbr.asm.org/content/mmbr/72/3/457.full.pdf). Would love to get your guys opinion on it.
 
Last edited:
Hello I thought I would post this here as a lot of intelligent people run across this forum on a daily basis. Came across this article: and I feel like I'm going crazy starting to believe it was leaked from a lab. I was still skeptical until I cam across the idea of how ready to go the virus was when it was exposed to humans. Usually don't viruses take month's to years to complete? (source: https://mmbr.asm.org/content/mmbr/72/3/457.full.pdf). Would love to get your guys opinion on it.
No, it didn't leak from a lab.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope...it was a bat virus, got to humans via an intermediate host like a pangolin (look it up). The virus in it's sequence has not a hint of any genetic engineering.

And no, it didn't come from outer space either (and yes, I really had to explain to a FB friend why this notion was utter cow excrement).