Did everyone else just get an email from nrmp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fever106

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from the nrmp denying rumors about for profit scramble services, or some nonsense. Please tell me this was a universal email and not some sign I am unmatched. Freaking out here!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, we all got it. Relax.

phwew! Sigh of relief. Thanks! What a dirty trick. Was that email really necessary right now? As if we aren't wound up tight enough as it is. I mean, I know I may be a little paranoid right now, but I really don't need to see an email in my mailbox titled "scramble."

I laughed when I saw that email. What a wonderful way to freak out tens of thousands of already-neurotic med students with the word 'scramble' in the title of an email.

What's really amazing is that the NRMP did something similar last year, and freaked everyone out. They sent some sort of "instructions for the scramble" type of email just a few days before the match. The same crazy panic occurred. I told the head of the NRMP not to do this again. Apparently, it didn't sink in.