did extra science work, but do i need a masters or postbac

Started by dhp98
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dhp98

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I recently took genetics and gen chem II (9 credits) during summer semester 2003, then I took gen chem I, physics I, biochem, histology (17credits) fall semester 2003. I did all of this while working. My dilemma is these classes don't count for my major, but I still had 1 class to take to finish my BS degree in April 2004 so on my amcas app I can't count this as postbac science work. I ended up witha 3.4 Science gpa for the 26 credits, but i'm wondering if I can put something down in my essay about taking these classes to show I can handle a tougher work load, or are my only possiblities post-bacc or masters. Any information would be greatly appreciated
 
go for the masters. A 3.4 is good I wouldnt waste my time in a post bacc.
 
Heck, if I had that same situation I'd start studying now for the August 2004 MCAT. No time like the present. A careful and measured approach is a very good thing, but nothing shows the adcoms you want to be a physician quite like taking a run at becoming one.

Just my two cents (actual cash value $0.0003)