TrumpetTooth

2+ Year Member
May 25, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
Hi all, currently I have submitted all my applications for 11 schools and was wondering if I needed to add a few more to gain acceptance somewhere.

Here is my main info:

Major: Business Administration, Operations Management
Undergrad: Ohio State
Residence: Virginia
Overall GPA: 3.67
Science GPA: 3.39
BCP GPA: 3.14 (this is my main concern)
DAT: 24AA / 21 TS / 23 Bio / 19 GC / 22 OC / 21 PAT / 25 RC / 30 QR
Other Factors
-Letters of rec from 2 science professors, a business professor, and a general dentist I shadowed
-Many Extracurriculars including creative endeavors (musicals, comedy, musician) , some charity work/fundraising, and leadership roles in multiple organizations
-Bio Teaching Assistant for 1 year
-100+ Shadowing Hours
-Strong upward trend for the BCP classes

Given my relatively poor BCP score, but high DAT score I was in sort of a confusion of where to apply. These are the 11 schools I have applied to:

Tufts, BU, Marquette, Ohio State, Case, Michigan, VCU, UNE, UConn, Pitt, Colorado

I'm not sure if I should apply to others to gain acceptances. I'm currently considering any number of these as well:

Rutgers, Temple, NYU, University of Maryland (they prefer OOS Virginia it seems?)

Like I said, my main concern is my BCP GPA as I feel all my other stats and qualitative attributes are fairly competitive. What do you all think I should do?

Last edited:

jg4318

2+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2015
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
you should have an okay chance of getting in for most of the schools you applied to, Michigan and Uconn are definitely reaches. personally, i would apply to a few more just to be safe

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads