Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am worried I applied too late. I have received a Kira assessment but have not received any interviews yet. I really do not want to take the DAT again and am not sure if I can do much better but am worried about the scores being low. WAMC for this cycle? Should I expect to see any interview invites before December? Is there anything I should be doing now?
Thanks in advance!

Date of submission: verified 9/8, most secondaries done within a week
undergrad GPA: 3.21
graduate GPA: 3.81
DAT scores: AA/PAT/QR/RC/Bio/GC/OC/TS: 20/18/18/22/19/22/17/19
State of Residence: no IS dental school with admission preference

Major: Biology, MS in biomedical science related field (completing now)

Shadowing Experience: 300+ hours shadowing and assisting, also worked at front desk full time for about 6 months
Volunteering Experience: Service/Philanthropic chair of sorority (raised about $45K in 1 year), about 100 hours of other direct volunteering
Research: 2 years in undergrad, 1 year grad school. 2 presentations and 1 paper (coming out soon, not on app yet) current research dental related
LOR type and strength: very strong LORs from graduate and undergraduate science prof, an English prof, and dentist

What schools did you apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

September can be just late depending on the school. So we need the list. Why did you wait to submit then?

I don't know how the school that sent you a Kira Talent Assessment treats your responses as the interview or a presecreen, so do you know?

I took my DAT end of August, submitted my app about 1 week after. I wanted to wait to see the scores and then got them out as soon as I could afterwards.
I applied NYU, Roseman (got Kira from them, I think they send it if you meet basic requirements), BostonU, UConn, Touro, Tufts, UColorado, Western, UDM, UofSC, Rutgers, Creighton, Case Western, LECOM, and Temple.

Not sure. The undergrad GPA is obviously a challenge but I hope you're grad GPA is convincing. But you might have submitted a little bit late.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are on the later side, but not that late.

Are you aware that many of the schools on your list cost 500k+? If you are planning to pay in loans, I would rethink that even if you got in.

USC dental school averages 106k per year for tuition and mandatory fees alone. Add in rent, etc and you are looking at 545k BEFORE any type of interest. This is insane and an absolute ripoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.