Did I get into UNECOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to the admissions staff at UNECOM because Mr. Gaffney told me to call and check my status before the December 15 deadline. The guy on the phone said I am an "acceptable candidate." What does this mean? I would be PISSED if I was waitlisted considering my interviewer has kept in contact with me daily since my interview. I would assume it would of said waitlisted though.

Members don't see this ad.

OKay, now I was told I am still under-review. I called to see if they could define "acceptable candidate" for me.

damn that sux...who uses that term?? that alone would turn me off from the school...i hope everything works out for ya USArmyDoc..let us know where you'll be heading ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
mikeypo0 said:
damn that sux...who uses that term?? that alone would turn me off from the school...i hope everything works out for ya USArmyDoc..let us know where you'll be heading ;)

Will do! Nah, I was very impressed by the UNECOM staff. They are very polite and kind. Mr. Gaffney is a top knotch professional and I grew to like UNECOM even more after meeting him.

USArmyDoc said:
Will do! Nah, I was very impressed by the UNECOM staff. They are very polite and kind. Mr. Gaffney is a top knotch professional and I grew to like UNECOM even more after meeting him.

edit for name spelling correction.....

I also agree - I'm still a pre-med, but toured the campus about 1.5 yrs ago. I met with Mr. Gaffney and Ms. Lane-Lacroix from admissions. Very nice professional folks....it was probably just a simple misunderstanding or isolated "spoof".

Pharos said:
edit for name spelling correction.....

I also agree - I'm still a pre-med, but toured the campus about 1.5 yrs ago. I met with Mr. Gaffney and Ms. Lane-Lacroix from admissions. Very nice professional folks....it was probably just a simple misunderstanding or isolated "spoof".

I assume so. I was just hoping to find out because I have a deposit due on December 15th.

USArmyDoc said:
I just spoke to the admissions staff at UNECOM because Mr. Gaffney told me to call and check my status before the December 15 deadline. The guy on the phone said I am an "acceptable candidate." What does this mean? I would be PISSED if I was waitlisted considering my interviewer has kept in contact with me daily since my interview. I would assume it would of said waitlisted though.

I think he meant, "acceptable" as in competitive or "stand a decent chance".

Also, your interviewer is only one person in a group that decides on whether you get admitted.

JKDMed said:
I think he meant, "acceptable" as in competitive or "stand a decent chance".

Also, your interviewer is only one person in a group that decides on whether you get admitted.

I realize that. However, when you are taken to another building to meet the director of a program at the school and then they discuess a PhD option, you kind of feel like you got in. Nonetheless, I agree.

It seems like you got in, but it just isn't "official"...Good Luck!!! :luck:

This is what I'm thinking. At our interview Mr Gaffney wanted to stress that they are taking 4-6 weeks and the adcom is probably trying to stick that as much as possible.

notnarcsDO said:
It seems like you got in, but it just isn't "official"...Good Luck!!! :luck:

USArmyDoc said:
I realize that. However, when you are taken to another building to meet the director of a program at the school and then they discuess a PhD option, you kind of feel like you got in. Nonetheless, I agree.

I wasn't sure what you meant by this exactly - are you saying that UNE offers a DO/PhD program, or were you talking about doing some other combination? Just curious, as UNE is pretty high on my wish list.

Pharos said:
I wasn't sure what you meant by this exactly - are you saying that UNE offers a DO/PhD program, or were you talking about doing some other combination? Just curious, as UNE is pretty high on my wish list.

It is a new thing they are starting out. I believe the class of 2010 will have one student in that program. He will prob comment on this if he sees this post. Maybe post in the UNECOM 2010 class thread.

docbill said:
It is a new thing they are starting out. I believe the class of 2010 will have one student in that program. He will prob comment on this if he sees this post. Maybe post in the UNECOM 2010 class thread.

Its in combination with the University of Maine. My interviewer asked me if I would be interested in doing such a thing.

USArmyDoc said:
Its in combination with the University of Maine. My interviewer asked me if I would be interested in doing such a thing.

No kidding? That's interesting - thanks for the info guys.

I dunno, I thought UNECOM was amazingly quick in sending out letters. I interviewed on sat., dec. 8 and got my letter the following thursday in western PA! :)