Did I get ripped off with my Dr Collins?

Started by CalBear12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CalBear12

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just learned by going on the Dr Collins website that you're not allowed to copy/re-sell the material. However judging by the posts on this forum most people don't follow that rule. I bought a used 2015 Dr Collins set from someone on SDN about a month ago, but it just doesn't seem right. There's nothing on it indicating the year--how do I know whether its actually 2015 material, not 2014? My main issue however is that it doesn't feel complete. For example, the math section I received is a stapled set of papers, one set had each math "unit" (fractions, decimals, etc) with questions for each and then answers at the bottom of the page, and then a series of practice exams. Is that really all thats included? I thought the intro packet would explain math concepts before just throwing practice questions at you. Is that how the Dr Collins material is, or did I get cheated?
 
I just learned by going on the Dr Collins website that you're not allowed to copy/re-sell the material. However judging by the posts on this forum most people don't follow that rule. I bought a used 2015 Dr Collins set from someone on SDN about a month ago, but it just doesn't seem right. There's nothing on it indicating the year--how do I know whether its actually 2015 material, not 2014? My main issue however is that it doesn't feel complete. For example, the math section I received is a stapled set of papers, one set had each math "unit" (fractions, decimals, etc) with questions for each and then answers at the bottom of the page, and then a series of practice exams. Is that really all thats included? I thought the intro packet would explain math concepts before just throwing practice questions at you. Is that how the Dr Collins material is, or did I get cheated?
nope, thats exactly how it comes.