Did I make a mistake by not including this on ERAS?

Started by Fikers99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fikers99

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok I already submitted ERAS but before medical school I attempted a postbacc and did poorly on it. I was accepted to a medical school on the condition that I do their postbacc but didn't pass. I didn't bother putting it on my application because I forgot about it as I just went abroad to a foreign medical school. Looking back, I'm freaking out because it was a part of my medical education and there is an argument I should have included it. What do you all think?
 
You should have included it. As long as "I did poorly on it" =/= you were kicked out for some serious professionalism violation, no one is going to really care.

When accepting interview invites, you could disclose the inadvertent oversight.

If there is a skeleton in this closet, then that's a much bigger issue.
 
You should have included it. As long as "I did poorly on it" =/= you were kicked out for some serious professionalism violation, no one is going to really care.

When accepting interview invites, you could disclose the inadvertent oversight.

If there is a skeleton in this closet, then that's a much bigger issue.
Thank you. No I just did poorly in the coursework, no professional violation.