Did I mess up my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grossmed198

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently, I work for a medical office checking in and out patients, scheduling surgical procedures/ appointments, make phone calls to patients, insurance companies etc. There was miscommunication about my job title and on my application under the experiences section for my experience title I put medical office assistant. I was just informed that I am not a medical office assistant but I am a medical office secretary. I did not put anywhere in my application that I was certified or had a degree in Medical office assistant because I don't. Also in the job description for that work experience, I was very detailed about my duties and did not put I was hands-on with patients. I explicitly explained my role. I already submitted and found out my job title was wrong after I submitted. Will this affect me when schools look at my application? Should I not worry about it since I didn't say I was having any hands-on contact and I didn't say I was certified when I wasn't? Should I contact schools and let them know I made a mistake? HELP!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

If you’re not twisting the duties and claiming patient contact when there isn’t any, I think you’ll be fine.