What do I do if I didn't do well in my SMP/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

timelapse222

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering what my options are if I've graduated with a 3.1 SMP gpa. uGPA 2.9, sGPA 3.0. Semi-upward trend. Kind of lost. Haven't taken MCAT, but I was planning on studying from Now-End of January. Is it worth it? What should I do?
 
You might have luck with the brand new schools, who will take any warm body as long as they can sign a tuition check.

But I wouldn't recommend it, because getting a B in a special Masters program doesn't translate to getting a B in medical school.

If anything it means you're going to struggle with the curriculum and or struggle with boards.

Honestly, I think it's time for a different career.
 
You have posted before about your situation. What advice did your SMP faculty given you? Do you know what they would say about your academic performance in an expected letter of evaluation?

Also, what if you bomb the MCAT? Retake after another 2 or 3 months? The academic story sounds baked at this point without more information, but you should really think about other options and cut your losses, even if you do okay on the MCAT. You have been at this grind for a while.
 
You might have luck with the brand new schools, who will take any warm body as long as they can sign a tuition check.

But I wouldn't recommend it, because getting a B in a special Masters program doesn't translate to getting a B in medical school.

If anything it means you're going to struggle with the curriculum and or struggle with boards.

Honestly, I think it's time for a different career.
hi, I sent you a direct message. Thank you for your response and your time.