Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else and learn of any possible long-term, negative consequences, if any.
I was recently informed by a program that I was NOT participating through the NRMP even though I interviewed at said program. I checked my ERAS application and lo-and-behold, I indeed was not participating through the NRMP. I distinctly remember checking the box stating that I will be matching through NRMP but I guess something must have happened.
I emailed the programs I plan on ranking, informing them of the problem. Some have gotten back to me stating that it wasn't a problem while others state that I should change my status, which I have promptly switched from "no" to "yes."
I'm curious as to if this has happened to anyone else on SDN and negative consequences, if any. Also, and I won't sugarcoat it, I'm really looking for some consolation that I didn't totally just screw myself.
Thanks!
I was recently informed by a program that I was NOT participating through the NRMP even though I interviewed at said program. I checked my ERAS application and lo-and-behold, I indeed was not participating through the NRMP. I distinctly remember checking the box stating that I will be matching through NRMP but I guess something must have happened.
I emailed the programs I plan on ranking, informing them of the problem. Some have gotten back to me stating that it wasn't a problem while others state that I should change my status, which I have promptly switched from "no" to "yes."
I'm curious as to if this has happened to anyone else on SDN and negative consequences, if any. Also, and I won't sugarcoat it, I'm really looking for some consolation that I didn't totally just screw myself.
Thanks!