Did i ruin my upward trend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

paintbucketgreen

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this considered to be a good upward trend? I know theres a pretty concerning dip my sophomore year so im worried how this will look...

freshman: sGPA = 3.13, cGPA = 3.24
sophomore: sGPA = 2.91, cGPA = 2.95
junior: sGPA = 3.55, cGPA = 3.58
senior: sGPA = 3.84, cGPA = 3.88

and to top it off.. my senior year I had straight A's (one A-), and i just took my finals for my last summer session classes at UCI, i think i may be in danger of ending that trend with a B- or a C+ (senior gpa listed above is assuming i got the C+). Did i just undo all my hard work with that last grade? this teacher was beyond tough, took points off for everything she possibly could, straight scale microbio lab that kind of wrecked me. im currently feeling very disheartened 🙁
 
Is this considered to be a good upward trend? I know theres a pretty concerning dip my sophomore year so im worried how this will look...

freshman: sGPA = 3.13, cGPA = 3.24
sophomore: sGPA = 2.91, cGPA = 2.95
junior: sGPA = 3.55, cGPA = 3.58
senior: sGPA = 3.84, cGPA = 3.88

and to top it off.. my senior year I had straight A's (one A-), and i just took my finals for my last summer session classes at UCI, i think i may be in danger of ending that trend with a B- or a C+ (senior gpa listed above is assuming i got the C+). Did i just undo all my hard work with that last grade? this teacher was beyond tough, took points off for everything she possibly could, straight scale microbio lab that kind of wrecked me. im currently feeling very disheartened 🙁
When they look for upward trend I'm guessing they look more at the GPA grid than the individual classes. And if that's the case, your upward trend still looks pretty darn good.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When they look for upward trend I'm guessing they look more at the GPA grid than the individual classes. And if that's the case, your upward trend still looks pretty darn good.


Even if they do only see the grid at first, I'm not even sure how I would explain away that grade if asked about it in an interview..
 
Even if they do only see the grid at first, I'm not even sure how I would explain away that grade if asked about it in an interview..

Life happens. Hard courses happen. As long as it isn’t a habit, it mostly won’t be looked at too harshly, especially as it was a lab course.

Quit worrying. Get through the class. Nothing more you can do from here.
 
Life happens. Hard courses happen. As long as it isn’t a habit, it mostly won’t be looked at too harshly, especially as it was a lab course.

Quit worrying. Get through the class. Nothing more you can do from here.

Doesn't it count as a habit if I have gotten 4 C's already in previous years? (one C freshman year, 2 C+ sophomore year, one C junior year)
 
Doesn't it count as a habit if I have gotten 4 C's already in previous years? (one C freshman year, 2 C+ sophomore year, one C junior year)

It happens. They’re scattered. It would be concerning if they all happened in the same semester. Or if you were getting a bunch of D’s and F’s to go with it.