Did I shoot myself in the foot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

saiyagirl

I'm applying for prelim/transitional programs this year. I submitted ERAS on 9/18.

I'm a little worried that I submitted too late and will end up on the bottom of the pile....? Can experienced people reassure me (or tell me to start worrying, either way?)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying for prelim/transitional programs this year. I submitted ERAS on 9/18.

I'm a little worried that I submitted too late and will end up on the bottom of the pile....? Can experienced people reassure me (or tell me to start worrying, either way?)

Good Lord. Its two weeks into applying for residency.

You are NOT LATE.

You are FINE.

You WILL MATCH (provided the rest of your application is fine) DESPITE YOUR LATE APPLICATION! ;)

This it not like medical school with rolling admissions; many programs do not even start interviewing until they get Dean's letters, or until all the letters are in, or until the committtees meet (which might be once a month), etc.

Good Lord. Its two weeks into applying for residency.

You are NOT LATE.

You are FINE.

You WILL MATCH (provided the rest of your application is fine) DESPITE YOUR LATE APPLICATION! ;)

This it not like medical school with rolling admissions; many programs do not even start interviewing until they get Dean's letters, or until all the letters are in, or until the committtees meet (which might be once a month), etc.

Thanks Kimberli :) I actually feel a lot better.

Just to make you extra feeling better...I second Dr. Cox's points...Good luck!

I sent it in October 15th last year, if there is one thing I am good at it is procrastinating. Got plenty of offers, matched. There were 2 programs that emailed saying they had already filled their interview spots but asked if I would like to know about last minute opennings.