Did not match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
or he's just trying to understand the situation better....

that said, if you're to be a US student with crappy stats and a crappy application, i'd rather by an allo than osteopathic student.

In my experience, psych is one of the more DO-friendly specialties, but you do run into a few programs that still discriminate. It really doesn't matter if MD vs DO if you have crappy stats or application.

Members don't see this ad.

In my experience, psych is one of the more DO-friendly specialties, but you do run into a few programs that still discriminate. It really doesn't matter if MD vs DO if you have crappy stats or application.

since lots of people do match with crappy stats or a crappy application, of course it matters. There are varying degrees of a crappy application. Applications aren't judged as excellent, ok, or crappy. There are The difference between a crappy application and a really crappy application may be the difference between matching at a person's #3 vs #5, or in some cases it may mean the difference between matching and not matching.

And yes, it is possible that for subpar applicants(poor test scores, not so good class rank or evals) that the difference between an application being viewed as just below average/crappy vs really crappy may be something like allo vs osteo status.

Don't forget, on programs crappy is another programs awesome. Some programs place a lot of value on test scores, grades and the like. Other programs are looking for solid human beings. It's the reason there are more than three flavors of ice cream. What's a match for you might be an awkward fit for me. That's why I am hoping to find out where I matched will be a good fit. You can match into something that would have been a terrible terrible experience. There are mysterious things that happen and we don't know why, we never can know. Proton, you will find a year of if not being in med school and not being a resident can have some pretty magical opportunities that you can't even guess at. During my 4 three year hiatus, (post leaving my beastly G-forsaken neurology residency mid-year, getting out with my soul barely intact, and pre entering phase two of life at wherever it is- which I will find out tomorrow) some neat stuff happened. I got to hang out with my friends, my husband and kid again, spend time with my garden and my dog, learn to play a guitar and write songs, take yoga classes and loose thirty pounds and look stronger an sexier now than I did before, work
in a psych hospital as a non-doctor and learn by observation about tons of devastatingly stupid things that psychiatrists do and say that make them the favorite hate-objects of the other staff. All
This valuable expanse of human experience was outside of what I could possibly imagine for myself. The wonders that await you outside of the medical hamster wheel are beyond your imagination. I like the alcoholics serenity prayer. G-d grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the the wisdom to know the difference. Enjoy your time between med school and residency. Keep
Reapplying every year until you do match. You will. As long as you are willing to keep trying, there is hope for you. Ignore mean people. They can't help you. Surround yourself with nice people, with music, dogs, healthy food, a different job that let's you sleep
on the weekend, get a student loan deferment and prepare try again next time. Also, like I said before, get yourself a psychotherapist and some kind of meditation, yoga or athletic hobby that will let you transcend your critical mental chatter. Go deep and get to know yourself. When you do, you will emerge better than ever, a more awesome psychiatrist than you could have possibly been if you had done it the easy way the first time. We are behind you 100% proton. The ones who don't have our panties way up in there I mean. Go forth and become the real proton you were meant to be. Don't look
back. Keep looking forward. You will do this. You'll see.

I'm a US citizen IMG. My school keeps a list of the non-NRMP residency programs. There are only 5 psychiatry programs to my knowledge that are non-NRMP this year. PM me if you want details.
Could you pls send me this information, looking at pgy2 positions for 2015. Does this info still hold true? I hear all programs are no required to use the match