Did not pass ID boards...Any Advice or Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Purple Orchid

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

So scores just released for ABIM Infectious Disease and unfortunately I did not pass for initial certification. I am so surprised because I felt good about this test. I did George Washington board review twice and winter course lectures. Any suggestions on other resources?
 
I passed, felt like 30-50% of the board exam was crazy scenarios about boar hunting, butchers in the east Africa highlands who also sleep with sex workers and have advanced AIDS and a kidney transplant. I think bulking up on tropical med, vector borne diseases might help since it felt wayyyy out of proportion to the official ABIM breakdown. Sad, like 1 question on diabetic foot, osteo, endocarditis etc. Money grab.