Did Tiger Woods need a stimulator?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rocuronium18

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've long thought Tiger Woods would benefit from a spinal cord stimulator, given his multiple spine surgeries and inevitable likelihood of developing PSPS 2 (FBSS), had he not needed to continue golfing at a high level. With the recent incident and what sounds like some crazy withdrawal symptoms (plus hydrocodone in his pocket...), how much did his (lack of) chronic pain management contribute to where he's at today?

Side note: what's your general guidance on golfing in patients with SCS implants? We are quite strict at our centre, telling patients to essentially avoid any major rapid twisting rotations for risk of migration/fracture.
 
I've long thought Tiger Woods would benefit from a spinal cord stimulator, given his multiple spine surgeries and inevitable likelihood of developing PSPS 2 (FBSS), had he not needed to continue golfing at a high level. With the recent incident and what sounds like some crazy withdrawal symptoms (plus hydrocodone in his pocket...), how much did his (lack of) chronic pain management contribute to where he's at today?

Side note: what's your general guidance on golfing in patients with SCS implants? We are quite strict at our centre, telling patients to essentially avoid any major rapid twisting rotations for risk of migration/fracture.
Prolly not
Rarely is SCS a home run
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing will help Tiger other than a personality change. He is an addict, potentially a drug/EtOH addict, but more importantly he is addicted to something far worse, and that is competition, lifestyle and legacy.

I would deny him a visit to my clinic for any reason.
 
I would see him but I would not offer SCS or opioids

Would try some of those things that Ducttape says aren't indicated.

Have no one in my practice as famous as Tiger but I have a lot of MLB and college athletes. I have had success.
 
Treating celebrities: no thanks.
DO you want your name on the hydrocodone Rx for the 2 pills in his pocket?
Agreed nothing like opening yourself up to the 50million dollar lawsuit for a few hundred dollar procedure. Athletes love to sue when things don’t go right and say their career was ruined. Although it seems to happen to ortho surgeons the most.
 
Agreed nothing like opening yourself up to the 50million dollar lawsuit for a few hundred dollar procedure. Athletes love to sue when things don’t go right and say their career was ruined. Although it seems to happen to ortho surgeons the most.
why hasn't he sued his spine surgeons after undergoing7 back surgeries
 
1775147909968.png
 
He needs scrambler therapy, peptides, laser, and red light. Sound therapy with Tibetan cups and reiki. One of those meditation retreats where no one is allowed to talk. That would probably fix him.
 
I have wondered this myself. Perhaps he has already had an unsuccessful trial or declined to try it. Surely there’s no way he hasn’t been informed of the option.

I would do it. Although he may become the first patient in history to fail a pain psych evaluation.
 
I have wondered this myself. Perhaps he has already had an unsuccessful trial or declined to try it. Surely there’s no way he hasn’t been informed of the option.

I would do it. Although he may become the first patient in history to fail a pain psych evaluation.
Contraindicated in active abuse/addiction.
I'm sure many of the KOL's would love to step in and do it just for the press conference afterwards.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First should be addiction doc. He has had various addictions. That is how he functions.

He is addicted to high performance. Collaterally he is addicted to opioids and sex.

Addiction doc would give him most mileage
 
First should be addiction doc. He has had various addictions. That is how he functions.

He is addicted to high performance. Collaterally he is addicted to opioids and sex.

Addiction doc would give him most mileage
and a good psychologist and psychiatrist... perhaps even some pastoral care.
 
I saw him in that gimmicky e-golf tourney the week before this incident and was shocked with how jacked he is. He is clearly lifting and doing far more than someone who will be ok with the restrictions related to SCS, whether or not golfing competitively.

I’m waiting for someone to rec SCS for his addiction(s).
 
The interesting thing is all the news reports said his eyes were dilated making opiates less likely or only one of the drugs on board. Is he also on stimulants? Cocaine? MDMA

ChatGPT said ketamine dilates the pupils. Always thought it would do the opposite
 
Last edited:
The interesting thing is all the brews reports said his eyes were dilated making opiates less likely or only one of the drugs on board. Is he also on stimulants? Cocaine? MDMA

ChatGPT said ketamine dilates the pupils. Always thought it would do the opposite
It was obviously another substance than hydrocodone
 
The interesting thing is all the brews reports said his eyes were dilated making opiates less likely or only one of the drugs on board. Is he also on stimulants? Cocaine? MDMA

ChatGPT said ketamine dilates the pupils. Always thought it would do the opposite

With all the sweat pouring off him, I’m going with MDMA. As Trinidad James once said, “popped a Molly, I’m sweatin’”.
 
Ah so that’s what happened. His leg was too short to reach the brake pedal.
yeah, he had trouble at the turn.

sorry. thats golf terminology.



yes, most opioids will constrict the pupil with the exception of demerol.

interestingly, kratom dilates a low dose and constricts at high dose.

which is not available nowadays.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe Hulk Hogan had a stimulator device and he sued a few spine physicians… definitely temper their expectations.