SCS in a pt with vagal nerve stimulator

Started by MitchLevi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MitchLevi

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any experience with this?

I have a FBSS pt with a Liva Nova vagal nerve stimulator.

Should be fine right?

He's thin so I'd prefer Abbott Eterna.
 
Anyone have any experience with this?

I have a FBSS pt with a Liva Nova vagal nerve stimulator.

Should be fine right?

He's thin so I'd prefer Abbott Eterna.
As long as you aren't putting leads up in low cervical/high thoracic, you should generally be fine as it's purely peripheral stimulation without much sensing. Sometimes though, I think they are programmed to pick up tachyarrhythmias to adjust the vagal stim, in which case, it would be prudent to have the device rep present from the other company to assess any possible interference during the trial.
 
As long as you aren't putting leads up in low cervical/high thoracic, you should generally be fine as it's purely peripheral stimulation without much sensing. Sometimes though, I think they are programmed to pick up tachyarrhythmias to adjust the vagal stim, in which case, it would be prudent to have the device rep present from the other company to assess any possible interference during the trial.
Thanks. He's a superior T8 trial. Definitely going to be contacting Liva Nova.