Step I Did You Ace Your Step 1?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

icebreakers

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a second year about to start studying for the boards. I've basically passed my classes in the first two years...with a bit of struggling in the second half of my second year.

I'm going to be taking some time off my third year due to remediation exams (giving me about 8+ wks to study), so i'll be appearing in august.

I was wondering (since i'm interested in getting into ortho), what type of plan/advice could you give me so that I could do much more than pass this exam. Keep in mind that I 'passed' my classes and i'm not that good at standardized tests...my mcat was 9,9,10.

I basically am hoping that someone could give me a list (since I have the time) of things to do (read A,B,C...do questions from X,Y,Z) that would enable me to rock the boards. I'm a bit underconfident b/c of this year already.

all advice is greatly appreciated. thanks
 
I don't think there is any correlation between MCAT and step 1. I got a 9, 9, 10 when i took the mcat the first time and I got a 243 on step 1. But then again, I barely studied for the MCAT and I studied quite a bit for Step 1. Maybe there is a correlation between the MCAT and Step 2 since step 2 questions are long and not quite as cut and dry.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by globulin
I don't think there is any correlation between MCAT and step 1. I got a 9, 9, 10 when i took the mcat the first time and I got a 243 on step 1. But then again, I barely studied for the MCAT and I studied quite a bit for Step 1. Maybe there is a correlation between the MCAT and Step 2 since step 2 questions are long and not quite as cut and dry.

Perhaps there is a correlation between how much one studies for an exam, and how well one does...?
 
Wow Celiac Plexus...thanks for your insight. I never would have thought about that 🙄

Kcrd...I studied for 4 weeks about 5 hours a day. I used First Aid and Board Review Series and Q bank.