Did you cry...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

highlyfavored

obligated to serve God...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
dance, shout???? What did you do when you got your acceptance letter? I'm ready to do all of the above, but for right now, I'm living this wonderful experience through you guys. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

animal_lover said:
dance, shout???? What did you do when you got your acceptance letter? I'm ready to do all of the above, but for right now, I'm living this wonderful experience through you guys. :rolleyes:

I was in the school computer lab when I read my acceptance e-mail. I turned to the person next to me and shouted the good news! hahaha :laugh: Then I announced aloud: I'M QUITTING MY JOB!!!!! :love:

I was by myself when I got the letter on the mail. It was rainy Monday morning, and I was kinda down, because I am also lookin for a job.

It really brighten my day! week! MONTH YEAR!!!!! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I received mine a long, long time ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday - exactly the emotions, elation, who I called, how I celebrated. I still have the letter (along with the letter from the State Board telling me I passed). It must be the adrenalin & endorphins which allow you to remember stuff like this so vividly.......

I arrived at the library, thinking I would continue working on some dreaded supplementals. Once I saw the e-mail, I got up, packed my stuff, and wandered around the city for an hour. Deep inside, I was really happy to know that I would be going somewhere....

i didn't do any of the above.. but i couldn't stop myself from keep smiling. For the first time I can sense that I was smilling straight from the heart! and then of course i was running around the house not knowing what to do (becuase I just got home from work unexpecting the mail and had 30 min before I had to head to school). But at the end, I treated myself by showing up almost an hour late to class so I can at least eat a decent dinner out (to celebrate w/ my family) before I went to school! It sure was a nice feeling!!

When (if? :( ) I get accepted, people are gonna have to hold me down and give me a sedative I'll be so freakin' happy!:D

I reread the letter a couple more times to make sure the words "Congratulations" and "acceptance" were what they were. I tend to read too fast sometimes. I made no exaggerated movements but I was excited, nervous, happy.

I contacted the people I love the day I got in (not each time I got an acceptance... but when I got USC's letter). Then my celebratory dinners for the month inaugurated last night when I took my two microbiology benchmates (but more like lab partners because we talk the whole time and do our stuff together) last night!

Congrats to ALL of you who already had good news!! :) & good luck of all of us (including me) who still waiting for good news.. :luck:

If I got accepted (please...), I don't know what I will do, but for sure I will cry and laugh @ the same time :laugh: I'm saving up $$$ right now so I can take my family and close friends out to eat...My family plans to throw a party if I got accepted!!! Hopefully there is a chance for celebration...

futurepharm.d.? said:
Congrats to ALL of you who already had good news!! :) & good luck of all of us (including me) who still waiting for good news.. :luck:

If I got accepted (please...), I don't know what I will do, but for sure I will cry and laugh @ the same time :laugh: I'm saving up $$$ right now so I can take my family and close friends out to eat...My family plans to throw a party if I got accepted!!! Hopefully there is a chance for celebration...

Aww.. I hope u get all this & more;)

animal_lover said:

I kept it Gangsta!! I Straight up sipped 40oz and feel asleep.

Members don't see this ad :)
Baxter81 said:
I kept it Gangsta!! I Straight up sipped 40oz and feel asleep.

HAHAHA so funny :laugh: . Actually, that's what I did after my interview there. Okay well maybe not a 40, but I did get crunked from feeling really depressed and needy to get in!

I opened my acceptance letter right in front of my mail box and started yelling and screaming at the top of my lungs. Some of my neighbors came out and were wondering what the hell was going on ahhaha :laugh: .

The light at the end of the dark tunnel...and oh how bright it is. :love:

LittleMissB said:
HAHAHA so funny :laugh: . Actually, that's what I did after my interview there. Okay well maybe not a 40, but I did get crunked from feeling really depressed and needy to get in!

You got in though right?
If so, your next drink should be to celebrate, not ease the pain. haha!

Baxter81 said:
You got in though right?
If so, your next drink should be to celebrate, not ease the pain. haha!

hehe Yes I did! I suppose I'll be seeing you around next fall!

I had checked my email before class and no word from Kentucky. When I got home from school I checked it again and there was my acceptance letter. I forwarded it to all of my friends and family, and to a couple of pharmacists I know who are mentors to me.

Then I went to work and didn't tell anyone because I walked in right in the middle of a huge rush and everyone was cranky. I was stuck in the drive-thru when I heard someone walk up the drop off window and ask for me. Then the pharmacy manager came over and said, "There's some woman here to see you." I told him to tell her I'd be over there in a minute. He said, "No, she's got balloons and ****, you need to go talk to her now."

It was my BFF bringing me balloons and cupcakes to congratulate me!

After the rush was over the manager was like, "Are you going to tell us what the h*ll that was about?" and I said, I GOT INTO KENTUCKY! :D

LittleMissB said:
hehe Yes I did! I suppose I'll be seeing you around next fall!

For sure!! We can get crunk together when the classes get overwhelming!

I am exciting to be getting into school, but now the real work begins. This 3-4 year journey is just beginning. We have a long way to go.

Good luck and savor the moment. :)

Baxter81 said:
For sure!! We can get crunk together when the classes get overwhelming!

:laugh: We will!

All4MyDaughter said:
I had checked my email before class and no word from Kentucky. When I got home from school I checked it again and there was my acceptance letter. I forwarded it to all of my friends and family, and to a couple of pharmacists I know who are mentors to me.

Then I went to work and didn't tell anyone because I walked in right in the middle of a huge rush and everyone was cranky. I was stuck in the drive-thru when I heard someone walk up the drop off window and ask for me. Then the pharmacy manager came over and said, "There's some woman here to see you." I told him to tell her I'd be over there in a minute. He said, "No, she's got balloons and ****, you need to go talk to her now."

It was my BFF bringing me balloons and cupcakes to congratulate me!

After the rush was over the manager was like, "Are you going to tell us what the h*ll that was about?" and I said, I GOT INTO KENTUCKY! :D

that's sooo cute.. :)

I think I got about 3 hours of sleep last night because I couldn't quit worrying about how my interview at Wingate went, when my letter was going to come, and if I got in.

My mail is sent to my dad's house, and he's out of state. I drove over there straight from school and checked the mail. I saw a regular sized but fat envelope from Wingate, opened it, saw the word accepted, and promptly jumped up and down and in circles in the middle of the road and screamed. Then, I called my boyfriend and told him. I had planned on having a dinner and inviting his parents and my mom and tell them then, but they'll probably guess what is going on so I'll probably call them later today. I'm going to buy flowers for the 2 (female) pharmacists who wrote me recommendations, and I'll have to think of something to give my old Organic teacher who also wrote me one.

Oh, and yes, I cried on the way home.

I jumped off the couch (not like the whole Tom Cruise thing though) and scared my cat and she scratched me. Then I was like "daaaang - $500 deposit due in TEN DAYS)!! But...if I get into UF, I swear I will do BACKFLIPS. So I never took gymnastics, but I'll try. And I'll capture the moment on webcam so everyone on SDN can laugh at me but I won't care cause I'll be a GATOR. But until then....yeah I'm happy with South!!!!!!!!!

animal_lover said:

No dancing, but I did walk around for about a week with a goofy grin on my face...

I was sitting on the couch, eating some General Tso's chicken w/ lo mein and watching The Price is Right in nothing but boxers when the mail carrier dropped it off in late May 2003. I then celebrated. And by celebrate I mean I said, "Cool," upon which I ate more chicken.

WVUPharm2007 said:
I was sitting on the couch, eating some General Tso's chicken w/ lo mein and watching The Price is Right in nothing but boxers when the mail carrier dropped it off in late May 2003. I then celebrated. And by celebrate I mean I said, "Cool," upon which I ate more chicken.

OK, that's hot.

I Got Drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

i cried. i screamed out at the top of my lungs, "i got into pharmacy school!" my dog thinks that i am crazy.

my mom called and said....
got a letter today from samford....
looks like you got in....

i said....
oh really?
well that's good

then again... i was totally cool with my "backup" plans

that was actually a question asked to me in my interview... what are you going to do if you don't get in.... my response was... stay in school for an extra year and reapply

I jumped for joy upon seeing the fat envelope and then proceeded to purchase a brand new Rolex to reward myself. Also going on vacation before school starts in the fall.

WVUPharm2007 said:
I bet you'll celebrate more in '07!

vsfan said:
I jumped for joy upon seeing the fat envelope and then proceeded to purchase a brand new Rolex to reward myself. Also going on vacation before school starts in the fall.

wow, what a gift! I'd have to wait until graduation from pharm. school to celebrate that big. :laugh:

animal_lover said:
wow, what a gift! I'd have to wait until graduation from pharm. school to celebrate that big. :laugh:
I decided to celebrate now rather than after graduation since we will just have a lot more debt after 4 years of pharmacy school ;)

When I opened the letter, the first thing that came out was a return envelope. I kept telling myself it could still be a rejection letter. But as soon as I finished the congrats sentence, I threw the rest of the mail across the yard and began praising God and crying. I immediately called my mom, only to leave her a voicemail of me sobbing. When she arrived home just a few minutes later, there was alot of jumping and hugging on the driveway. After making it inside the house, I rushed to find the perfect frame for my acceptance letter. Now two weeks later, I still cant help putting on the biggest smile whenever I think about it. And the framed letter is on the fireplace mantle.

I remember the exact moment.....i was working on a PCR amplification reaction and the phone rang. I ran to the phone and the admissions secretary said could you come down to the office for a sec. I said "no" can't right now...working on an experiment. Then after a few seconds it hit me on who had just called....i put everything down...took off my gloves and ran downstairs....not elevator....ran down the staircase....and there it was sitting on her table...a thick envelope with my name on it.
I work at the school and i was in the office everyday buggin them....so they thought they should call rather then mail it....plus they 37cents on stamps!!!!!
good day it was....left work early too!!!!!

I will alway remember my that day well. I drove to school just so I could come home between my 10 oclock and noon classes to check the mail. It was snowing out like crazy, and as I approched my house from one block away, I was only looking at the mailbox, not the road. I noticed a large envelope sticking out (I have a very small mailbox), and my heat started pounding. I had a bunch of other mail, but I just took that envope out and saw it was from the pharmacy school, and I just said out loud, very load, "Holy ****" . I knew I was in before I even opened it, because sadly, I knew from a friend the rejection letters were in small envelopes. That made my day obviously, and I don't think I took any notes the rest of the day in school, cause I couldn't concentrate. I wasn't even angered that later I had to spend 3 hours digging my car out of its parking spot from what turned out to be the largest blizzard in over 10 years. I will always remember the date March 13, 2006.

I was having a terrible day. I took my Micro test that morning that I thought was unfair and was very angry about it for the rest of the day. +pissed+

I had just gotten home, saw a bunch of mails so I quickly grabbed mine and rushed to the bathroom b/c of my full bladder. I saw the letterhead and my heart stopped beating and I stopped breathing.

I was so afraid it was a rejection letter that I almost did not want to read it (especially while I'm on the toilet). But I proceeded and slowly read the letter while my heart beat 300+ mph until I saw the word "accepted" then shrieked.

Then I read it again, and again. Then I ran into my roommate's room and shouted it out. She gave me a high five but I missed it (not intentionally. I was too happy I couldn't see straight) then we were laughing, hugging and jumping and screaming. :clap:

Then I started to call people while squealing and jumping up and down and grinning so wide my mouth hurt. I put off my plan to study hardcore that night and I was crazily/pyschotically happy for the next 2 days. :D

RoyalBean said:
I knew I was in before I even opened it, because sadly, I knew from a friend the rejection letters were in small envelopes.

Mine came in a very very very thin envelope. Just one short letter. Talk about heart stopper.

I got an e-mail on April 1st (April fools day). Needless to say I thought one of two things:

1) My friends/family were playing very very sick joke on me
2)UIC was playing a very very sick, sick joke on me

Only after checking SDN and seeing that others had gotten e-mails also did I believe it was true.

It was totally unexpected, not even a week and a half after I'd gone to the interview. I came home from work and was just casually checking the my e-mail when I saw one titled "Congratulations from the UIC...." At this point I opened the e-mail, read only the first tiny paragraph which gave me what I was looking for and yelled, I got into UICCCCC, at which point my family gathered into the room and began fuss about. I read the letter 3 times, smiled and that was the end of that. No tears, no dancing, no jumping; just relief that all my hard work had finally paid off. After all, UIC was my first choice :D

But you know, it was kind of anti-climatic. It was kinda like, “oh great I got in, so now what?”

I will never forget that day either. I got a call at 8am from my doorman telling me that the mailman called my building and asked them to advise me that he had a letter from Duquesne University School of Pharmacy. Frank, the mailman, must have been sick of me waiting for the mail everyday. However it worked against me because I had a biochem 2 test at noon and of course could not concentrate knowing my letter was floating around my city so I booked it out the test and went home to wait. By now my all my teachers knew so they were a little lenient with me that day. When I came back I tried to pay attention but just sat there with a goofy grin so they finally let us go early and all my classmates took me to get a bottle of champagne and a Duquesne Pharmacy t-shirt! The story got even better when the Pittsburgh county executive and Pennsylvania governor came to speak at our school last week and the county executive recognized my achivement in front of all my teachers. (My boyfriend works for him so he knows me well) but no one at school knows that!!. They just thought I was so excited I took an ad out in the paper in Pittsburgh or something!! :laugh:

i was in school computer lab when I found out i got in midwestern CCP, my active now account changed color.
but I can't scream or anything.
then I got out of the lab called my mom.

I was at home checking emails and found out i got in kentucky, absolutely shock, cannot believe it. Told my stepdad right away, still cannot believe it. confidence boost!

i was at mail office to pick up a certified mail from NOVA. but the third time is like "oh i got in nova? okay, anyway, i'm not going there." (nice weather and people there!)

my second year applying, my bitterness from last year are all gone.

That's roughly what I did...except General Tso's chicken was not involved. And neither was Bob Barker.

My family was much more excited than I was, needless to say. But I am very happy to be accepted...although the issue of other schools that I still have an active application and a wanting to go to is asked by someone roughly every 3.454 minutes.

I completely stopped studying for the final I had the next day and proceeded to throw a keg party about an hour later. Lots of people showed up. It was very fulfilling.

although i have received more rejection letters than acceptance letter...however, i remember the feeling of being accepted like it was yesterday...

i was with my sister when i got the news...i was in shocked. i ran to tell my mom...and as i hugged her and told her, i broke down and started to cry. it felt like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulder, my parents sacrifices have finally paid off. 2007 had been a bad year for me due to family situations but this has made this year so much better :D

I opened it...smiled a bit, then I told my parents. I then proceeded to sit my ass down and vegged out in front of the PC.