Did you cry...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't expect an acceptance, I pretty much convinced myself that I wasn't going to get in. When my acceptance came around I was still bummed, because I thought that I wasn't getting in, I started doing badly in my physics class, and if I fail that, they would take back the acceptance. After finally pulling a C for the physics class, I started celebrating. It was my first C ever, and I was so happy. It's so sad.

I don't think that's sad. I completely understand. OChem II had me worried right up to the end, too. The thought of having an acceptance pulled is frightening. 😱
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I screamed in the car and started crying. Other than my wedding day, that was one of the best days in my life.
 
I read it right after my last class of the day. It was a thursday. I got accepted. I got smashed (my roomie didnt get accepted to the same school).
 
I was expecting a call from the Pyxis repair technician at work (not fun). A coworker said that I had a call. So, I expected the pyxis guy and picked up the line and the person said, "This is the admissions counselor from Creighton University College of Pharmacy. I am so sorry to call you at work. Do you have time to talk? (I say yes, although we were totally slammed) I was wondering if you were still interested in attending our program". . . I just stopped breathing...and the tears were gushing out. I dont think I could choke out anything but "I am" and "thank you".

I hung up the phone, leaned against the counter, and was cry/laughing.

My dad travels a lot and has some health problems, so one of my coworkers thought something bad had happened. She asked if my dad was ok. I knodded and choked out, "I got in. I'm in!" The girl screams, "OH MY GOD SHE'S IN. She got accepted!" Everyone I work with (three pharmacists and five techs) ran an we all had a group hug. Someone else had to take my drug run to the floor because I couldnt quit laughing and crying and so I could call my husband (ahhhhh he was on a field trip and would not answer the phone😛). I called the school where my mom works and told her. (She later said that she did not lecture the rest of the day.) My husband called me back 2 hours later (he was on a field trip and finally got my message) and he was screaming in the phone. When I got off work we went out with some friends and family to eat and watch Iron Man.

I cried at random for the next three days. It has been over month and I am still on cloud 9. I have spent three years trying to get in and I have finally been blessed with an acceptance.
 
I was randomly checking my email one day (around this time last year) and I saw that I got an email from the Dean at the Rutgers Pharmacy school. I had applied four times in the past and interviewed twice with them so I was getting pretty darn desperate. When I read that I was accepted, I screamed, laughed, cried, and hyperventilated all at once. I tell you, it was the best feeling in the world.