Did you get wisdom teeth out recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanthaSmiles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just wondering has anyone recently had these pulled?

I had all 4 pulled 18 days ago, 12/23. They were partially impacted..growing in straight but just the tops of the teeth a bit out.

Doc crushed them and pulled out the pieces.

I had no stitches.

On my consult appt, they told me 5-7 days, I can exercise, do what I want, etc.

I go for my 1 week followup, by now it's occurred to me I have gaping holes in my mouth and..these won't be sealing up anytime soon - don't ask me why, but I totally forgot about this before I did the surgery and it was never discussed prior.

They tell me well, you can work out, but don't get your rate up....

When I work out, I'll go over 150+ beats a minute..probably closer to 170...it was pointless discussing any of this further as I was getting a run around, no straight answer.

I've in fact called 2-3 offices and get a different answer from them all.

Some say you can try but basically expect bleeding from the extraction sites and a throbbing pain, OMG.

I don't want to dislodge anything or cause bleeding or prolong this whole healing process.

If I can't work out anytime soon, I just want an upfront answer.

Am I basically going to be sitting out till these holes seal up or what?

Members don't see this ad.

Edit: wrote a response then remembered i dont think were allowed to give advice to patients on these forums.

Call your dentist/oral surgeon and ask to talk to him/her directly for an absolute answer.

I always like when people solicit dental advice on this forum they register as "pre-dental". :laugh:

Maybe one day we can have a sticky that's in bold that states "SOLICITING DENTAL ADVICE IS AGAINST FORUM POLICIES AND POSTS WILL BE DELETED." We can always hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.