Did you write a seperate Personal Statement for your prelim/transitional year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did you write a separate personal statement for your prelim/transitional year?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Just added a paragraph to the end of my original personal statement.

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

RussianJoo

Useless Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please answer the poll question above. I have heard all three and don't know what to do so I decided to take a life line and poll the audience.

thanks in advance for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Even though I added a short paragraph at the end of my personal statement, none of my interviewers ever mentioned it. However, I applied to prelim surgery so I suppose they are hurting to interview anyone so that they can avoid filling during the scramble.

Just changed a few sentences on my original personal statement.

Changed a few sentences. And I did get comments, from both my advanced and prelim interviews, on the essay....

Please answer the poll question above. I have heard all three and don't know what to do so I decided to take a life line and poll the audience.

thanks in advance for your help.

Many people do, but honestly, all these programs know that their one year gig is just a means to an end. So nobody is really going to buy your couple of sentences about how their program is going to provide you the strong background you need. I probably wouldn't sweat it either way. I don't think folks who didn't have a separate PS got any fewer interviews.

thank you all for the replies. I guess i'll just add a paragraph stating how medicine or transitional year will benefit me later on in my career.