doc3232

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I got a 21, which would be great, but everyone said it is an easy version.
I hate TFE so I skipped 3 (guessed on them). Finished 5 mins early though.
Did everyone's score improve from doing these. As in, will I go up a few points by the last few tests even if they are harder?

Thanks

Danny289

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I got a 21, which would be great, but everyone said it is an easy version.
I hate TFE so I skipped 3 (guessed on them). Finished 5 mins early though.
Did everyone's score improve from doing these. As in, will I go up a few points by the last few tests even if they are harder?

Thanks
you are in good shape, don't worry. :thumbup:

About the Ads

Dmitry Malayev

10+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2007
Queens, New York
Status
Dental Student
You're good!

I did CDP once and got a 22 on it, and i scored a 21 on actual DAT. 21 was in the 90th percentiles.

adizzle87

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2008
Status
Dental Student
hahaha. You're upset about a 21 on your first try? I remember when i first took it, I got something like 17 and had to use 5 extra minutes. Now I'm doing 21+ after some 5 exams, you only get better with time.

doc3232

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Thanks guys, I didn't mean to seem like an ass. But I am worried because schools have a clear cut on PAT and I read first one was easy.
Good to hear your improvement adizz

test is on jan 20 sushi.

doc3232

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Hmmm....question: Should I do all the CDPs now (in the next 10 days) and then do them again?
Or should I only do them once?

adizzle87

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I wouldn't repeat an exam, but do go over the questions you get wrong. Otherwise your score will probably be slightly infalted. There are a couple errors with some problems they have (1-2 on average on those that have them) so don't be bumbed out about an unsatisfactory score, and I hear cube counting is WAAAY easier on the real deal. Chances are you may very well score higher on the real thing, as if your score wasn't high enough as it is right now. I would definitely do some CDP 3 days before test day so that your mind doesn't get out of shape.

Danny289

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Hmmm....question: Should I do all the CDPs now (in the next 10 days) and then do them again?
Or should I only do them once?
try to do continusaly till your exam. don't make same mistake I did( I stop practicing 20 days before my exam). the whole point is staying in PAT mood in your D day. I am sure you will be ok don't forget developmental biology . best of luck :thumbup:

doc3232

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2008
Status
Dental Student
try to do continusaly till your exam. don't make same mistake I did( I stop practicing 20 days before my exam). the whole point is staying in PAT mood in your D day. I am sure you will be ok don't forget developmental biology . best of luck :thumbup:
Got it, probably every two days or less. I still have to do full practice tests that would obviously have PAT in them also.

tranv117

10+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2008
Berkeley
Status
Pre-Dental
yea, id recommend just taking 1 every couple days. With 21 on your first try I think youre good to go. Practice more on sections that you get more wrong. For me personally, I never even went back to look at my mistakes after like the 3rd exam, its just pointless. Once you get the techniques down, theres really no point to look at what you get wrong because its almost impossible to get 100 percent correct.

About the Ads