USMLE Didn't sit for Step II today. When to reschedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cloud805

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did the worst mistake and only took a UWSA diagnostic the night before my exam. I did very poorly ~175. Granted I was on the verge of sleep while taking it I still think it's too late to blame anything other than myself. I'll have to reschedule but I'm not sure how much time I should give myself. I'd still like to submit a decent score within a time frame to get more interviews but at this point in the game I'm far behind as it is. Is late September too late? For reference I got a 199 on my Step I and am applying to Psych so while it's likely that I'll get interviews I know I'll be limited by my Step I score.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Take another diagnostic, one where you don't have any excuses. How long you have to study before taking it depends on your goal score. For me, anything less than a 240 would have been a big problem. So that would mean I'd reschedule for 4-6 weeks later. For you, if your goal is 215, you can just study hard for 2 weeks and be okay, depending on what your diagnostic says.