Difference in Volunteering Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hebe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know deciding on whether you want to pursue DO or MD comes after passing medical school; but I was wondering if there are certain volunteering opportunities that help us understand each practice?

Also, if not already existing, is there some sort of thread that has updated Volunteering Opportunities in NYC?
(Sorry if this was posted already; if so, don't hesitate to redirect me)

Thank you! :pompous:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know what now?

Easy killers! EASY!!! OP, please take some time to read the information available in this forum. The DO/MD decision is one that is made well before graduating medical school. If you want to see the "difference", I would recommend calling both MD and DO physicians and shadowing them. Also, read up.

Reactions: 1 users
I do apologize for the shortness of my last response. OP seems to have a fundamental misunderstanding about how the medical school process works. The decision to pursue MD or DO is made prior to applying, as programs are specific to one or the other. Research both and shadow physicians as @Marrowist said to really get a better understanding of each.

I do apologize for the shortness of my last response. OP seems to have a fundamental misunderstanding about how the medical school process works. The decision to pursue MD or DO is made prior to applying, as programs are specific to one or the other. Research both and shadow physicians as @Marrowist said to really get a better understanding of each.
Don't worry, I initially had a similar response as yours, but just didn't post it lol.

Reactions: 1 user