Different Last Name on ID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1017183

Hey folks, so I just finished testing.

I have a small pressing issue that I probably won't find anything about until Monday, but wanted to ask if anyone else has encountered something similar.

On my ID I have two last names, as is typically the case with hispanics. On my registration I only placed one of these last names, and I thought updating my information to include both last names on the AAMC website would reflect this change on the registration. Well, it did not. I was not the only one at the test center with this issue, so the person at the test site allowed both of us to test. She mentioned that she would have to make a report with the AAMC, so I am hopeful my test isn't voided.

I'm wondering, has anyone had success with their scores after an incident similar?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
I also had a similar issue with my name not being entirely correct due to a mixup with my two last names ( one of them was accidentally counted as a middle name ) and I was still allowed to test. My test proctor didn’t say anything about filing a report but I am a tad bit worried too. It would be great if you could provide an update on what happened

Hi!
I also had a similar issue with my name not being entirely correct due to a mixup with my two last names ( one of them was accidentally counted as a middle name ) and I was still allowed to test. My test proctor didn’t say anything about filing a report but I am a tad bit worried too. It would be great if you could provide an update on what happened
Called the AAMC and they said that if they let me test I’m more than likely fine. I haven’t received anything concerning from the AAMC regarding the incident.

I get my score in 9 days so I’ll update you then as well.

Reactions: 1 user
If you tested, you are fine. We have had students in your exact same situation who were not allowed to sit for the exam. This was back when it was offered only twice a year, which ended up costing this poor young lady a year of her medical career. She was grilled by the proctors and ultimately not allowed to sit for the exam. If you made it past that gatekeeper, then don't stress about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you tested, you are fine. We have had students in your exact same situation who were not allowed to sit for the exam. This was back when it was offered only twice a year, which ended up costing this poor young lady a year of her medical career. She was grilled by the proctors and ultimately not allowed to sit for the exam. If you made it past that gatekeeper, then don't stress about it.
I appreciate the input. I should be receiving my scores in two days so that's what will probably seal the case for me. I'll report back to satisfy those curious.