difficulty choosing schools.. advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdfray

currently at work
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any post-bach have trouble choosing schools? I'm asking b/c my BCP is much higher than my sci. gpa and cum. gpa, due to the last 2 years of sciences. I've looked at the databases provided on sdn and predent, but nothing giving me a comparison for BCP - mostly DAT, cum and sci. gpa. Just bought the ADEA 2012 guide last week and waiting for it to get here!

I'm a NY resident. Any help?

stats: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=905304

TY!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have a competitive application for lots
of schools. So long as you submit early and apply to
enough schools, I think you will get interviews. Your post-bacc work is a nice plus to your application. If you're worried about your cGPA, I think you've proven yourself with post-bacc performance.

thanks for respoding jeff.

so do you recommend me to apply to school that's alittle higher than my overall and sci. gpa?

I'm confused as to just focus on ones that my stats fits with and just ignore the rest?

Also, does ds school see your list of schools? does the order matter?

A big factor to consider is how many out of state students a school takes. Many state schools take <5%, 10%, or 20% out-of-staters, which can only be a handful of people depending on class size. Private schools accept more OOS, but usually cost more. Cost is another important factor that may eliminate certain schools. Also, some schools don't accept CC credits at all, if this applies to you. All of this info will be in your ADEA guide and can help to narrow down your choices.

Some schools will ask which other schools you applied to on your secondary app. As far as AADSAS, there is no order, you put check marks next to the schools you want to apply to.

GPA-wise, apply to some safe schools and some long shot schools- it all depends on how risky you want to be with your money.