Difficulty of actual MCAT compared to AAMC/Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonsaitree1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the actual MCAT closest to? I noticed that Kaplan's sciences were much harder than the AAMC practice tests (but Kaplan's scales are easier going)

Members don't see this ad.

I think the actuall MCAT is more in the line of the AAMC ones, however some might be easier/harder depending on your strengths and weakness

i think it depends on test day...in general, i would say the difficulty is in between a kaplan and aamc...for example, the day of the test you could have a physical science section which is the same difficulty as a kaplan, but the bio exactly like aamc, vice versa...but then again, there have been test dates where the test is exactly like an aamc, but that usually doesnt happen too terribly much

If the aamc exams are ACTUAL mcats, why would the difficulty differ that much? Even though the recent exams are a bit more difficult, the curve should always work out the same way in the end. they are made by the same exact test makers...so it wouldnt make sense for the actual exam grades/scales to be significantly different.

i think it depends on test day...in general, i would say the difficulty is in between a kaplan and aamc...for example, the day of the test you could have a physical science section which is the same difficulty as a kaplan, but the bio exactly like aamc, vice versa...but then again, there have been test dates where the test is exactly like an aamc, but that usually doesnt happen too terribly much

I totally agree with you.