Technology digital camera issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sg4runner

purrrrrr...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've had my powershot s230 for a little over a year now and all of a sudden I'm having problems with the screen. Everytime I turn it on after not having used it for a few hours, the screen is black, but I can see all the numbers and symbols and stuff, so it's not off. It's just that the image doesn't show. When I turn it off and then back on again, it works normally. One time I turned it on and the image showed up, but it was really dark and blurry, but then it was normal again when I turned it off and on again. I'm going to call the Canon service line, but they're closed today so I was wondering in the meantime if anyone has had this problem before or knows what could be causing it.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank for the reply, Andrew. I just called Canon actually, and they said it's probably the shutter that is having trouble opening. The screen is fine cuz I can see the numbers and symbols, and replay my images without a problem, it's just that the shutter doesn't open every time. They just told me to send it in to have it looked at. Hopefully, it's an easy fix!