Technology digital camera issues

Started by sg4runner
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sg4runner

purrrrrr...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've had my powershot s230 for a little over a year now and all of a sudden I'm having problems with the screen. Everytime I turn it on after not having used it for a few hours, the screen is black, but I can see all the numbers and symbols and stuff, so it's not off. It's just that the image doesn't show. When I turn it off and then back on again, it works normally. One time I turned it on and the image showed up, but it was really dark and blurry, but then it was normal again when I turned it off and on again. I'm going to call the Canon service line, but they're closed today so I was wondering in the meantime if anyone has had this problem before or knows what could be causing it.

Thanks.
 
Thank for the reply, Andrew. I just called Canon actually, and they said it's probably the shutter that is having trouble opening. The screen is fine cuz I can see the numbers and symbols, and replay my images without a problem, it's just that the shutter doesn't open every time. They just told me to send it in to have it looked at. Hopefully, it's an easy fix!