SeattleRDH

Moderator Emeritus
Mar 10, 2010
Duh
Status
Anyone know which schools have gone all digital and which schools have a mix of both?

vlct0ria

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I think digital sounds awesome, but what do current dental students think about it? Any input?

MrBeans

MrBeans
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Gah!

I pray that what ever school I hope to get accepted to uses hardcover books.

Reading all day on a computer screen tends to make my eyes go bonkers. Although I like the lazy-man's "find" feature on computers, I still prefer paper books. :p

Jul 28, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
ASDOH is all digital. I believe they give the students a CD that has all the books on there. I'm not sure I would like all digital books because if i needed to refer to a book, I would need a computer to open the book.

Jun 8, 2009
USA
Status
Pre-Dental
Gah!

I pray that what ever school I hope to get accepted to uses hardcover books.

Reading all day on a computer screen tends to make my eyes go bonkers. Although I like the lazy-man's "find" feature on computers, I still prefer paper books. :p
There are these things called printers.

txlonghorn

5+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2009
Status
Dental Student
I get too distracted while on the computer, so I prefer hardcopies. Is printing free?

Tommy43087

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
Cali
Status
Dentist
There are these things called printers.

It would cost A LOT of money to print all that out....

I personally hate the all digital thing. Western and UNLV and i was NOT attracted to it at all.

Nov 5, 2009
Status
Dentist
Like Tommy said, Western has digital for now. They're looking into other options though because about half the students love it and half hate it and the way the contract is now, we either all have to use it or none. They're working on making it an option. It's not all bad, I just hate looking at the computer all day and coming home to look at it some more.