Digital vs. Hardback Textbooks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeattleRDH

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which schools have gone all digital and which schools have a mix of both?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think digital sounds awesome, but what do current dental students think about it? Any input?

Gah!

I pray that what ever school I hope to get accepted to uses hardcover books.

Reading all day on a computer screen tends to make my eyes go bonkers. Although I like the lazy-man's "find" feature on computers, I still prefer paper books. :p

ASDOH is all digital. I believe they give the students a CD that has all the books on there. I'm not sure I would like all digital books because if i needed to refer to a book, I would need a computer to open the book.

Gah!

I pray that what ever school I hope to get accepted to uses hardcover books.

Reading all day on a computer screen tends to make my eyes go bonkers. Although I like the lazy-man's "find" feature on computers, I still prefer paper books. :p

There are these things called printers.

I get too distracted while on the computer, so I prefer hardcopies. Is printing free?

There are these things called printers.

It would cost A LOT of money to print all that out....

I personally hate the all digital thing. Western and UNLV and i was NOT attracted to it at all.

Like Tommy said, Western has digital for now. They're looking into other options though because about half the students love it and half hate it and the way the contract is now, we either all have to use it or none. They're working on making it an option. It's not all bad, I just hate looking at the computer all day and coming home to look at it some more.