Quantcast

Dilemma- Post Dec Interviews with Dec. 1 acceptance...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UMpredent

Full Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
0

Members don't see this ad.
Hello,

I was offered admission to BU and NYU on Dec. 1st (still waiting on UMich), but have interviews set up for Case, UD Mercy, Midwestern, and just got one for Tufts TODAY. While I feel very lucky, I am having a difficult time deciding what to do. The only other school I'm really considering is Tufts, but the interview dates they offered me are REALLY close to Jan 14th (the day that I must put down a deposit at either BU or NYU). Do you think it's still worth interviewing at Tufts even if I won't hear back until AFTER I put down a $3000 deposit? Anybody else in a similar situation or know if you can nudge a school to make a decision faster? Thanks
 

vlct0ria

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2008
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I was offered admission to BU and NYU on Dec. 1st (still waiting on UMich), but have interviews set up for Case, UD Mercy, Midwestern, and just got one for Tufts TODAY. While I feel very lucky, I am having a difficult time deciding what to do. The only other school I'm really considering is Tufts, but the interview dates they offered me are REALLY close to Jan 14th (the day that I must put down a deposit at either BU or NYU). Do you think it's still worth interviewing at Tufts even if I won't hear back until AFTER I put down a $3000 deposit? Anybody else in a similar situation or know if you can nudge a school to make a decision faster? Thanks

As far as I know, that's what all these multiple deposits posts have been about...this happens to a lot of people. You may get in on December 1st, but won't be interviewing/hearing from other schools (maybe your top choice) until after the Dec. 1st decision time is up. Your only option is probably just going to be putting down a deposit at either NYU or BU so you know you have a seat, and then going to your other interviews to see how those pan out. Better to waste a few grand on a deposit than risk not having a spot anywhere.
 

orangutan777

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
243
Reaction score
0
if you have the money to put down AND you are really interested in tufts, go for it! you earned the interview
 

MTD52

Class of 2014
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
625
Reaction score
1
Yeah a lot of people have this issue. As said, put down the deposit on your current school of choice, and then see how the other interviews go. In the long run, the deposit money will be a drop in the bucket, even though it sucks now. I sincerely doubt you can "nudge them into making a faster decision," as this is a normal occurrence for many applicants.
 

DrDDSman

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Messages
692
Reaction score
2
Hello,

I was offered admission to BU and NYU on Dec. 1st (still waiting on UMich), but have interviews set up for Case, UD Mercy, Midwestern, and just got one for Tufts TODAY. While I feel very lucky, I am having a difficult time deciding what to do. The only other school I'm really considering is Tufts, but the interview dates they offered me are REALLY close to Jan 14th (the day that I must put down a deposit at either BU or NYU). Do you think it's still worth interviewing at Tufts even if I won't hear back until AFTER I put down a $3000 deposit? Anybody else in a similar situation or know if you can nudge a school to make a decision faster? Thanks


Did you interview at Michigan? Would you consider that as a top choice if you got an offer?
 

UMpredent

Full Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Did you interview at Michigan? Would you consider that as a top choice if you got an offer?


I am having a really difficult time with that decision as well. I am an undergrad at Michigan right now, and I always thought that I would end up at Michigan's DS. I am now reconsidering- I love Ann Arbor and UMich, don't get me wrong... I just don't know if I can be here for ANOTHER 4 years. While it makes the most sense financially (I am from Michigan), I feel like I would kick myself in the end for not taking the opportunity to live in a new city, meet new people, and maybe even find my new home (all for $360k!). I got a really good feeling from BU- it just felt right. Don't know what to do...
 

kapina

Full Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
go with your gut instinct... if you could see yourself at BU and if it felt right, just do it! i know its expensive but i think youll be happy once youre there
 

nicz888

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
1
yeah, it's a tough choice.
but if i were you in your shoe, i would put down a deposit in one of the school first. just to be SAFE!!!

and then continue going to interview and see what happen.
if you do get in later on to your top choice. then the deposit money you waste is well worth it.

but if you dont, then at least you have a sit at one of the school that accepted you already...

so best of luck:xf:

and keep in mind that some people here is probably going hate you for it, because you got accepted somewhere already and you should let other people have the interview opportunity. :D
 
Top