dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggiedg02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need people's suggestions. I have been accepted to one school and have to let them know in a week what my intent is. However, I am still waiting to hear back from another school. If I send my letter of intent to the first school and I get accpeted to the other school (which is my first choice) can I go back and tell the first school that I have changed my mind? Is a legal contract to sign and give intent? What have other people done in this situation? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Members don't see this ad.

I?m in the same situation: I got accepted to one school and they needed a reply (in the form of a signature and a deposit)? however, I am still waiting to hear back from my first and second choice (which won?t be until April/May). The advice I got from everyone was that I should just accept it ? that way you?re leaving yourself with more options. So if I were you, I would just send in the letter and when you do hear back from your other school(s), write a letter to this school telling them you decline the offer. I?m sure pharmacy schools have experienced this many times and won?t make a big deal out of it. After all, I?m sure they know that most people don?t just apply to one school.

you should accept and then if you hear from your first choice, just call them up...I am holding places at two schools since I am still waiting for USC...nothing wrong with that

Members don't see this ad :)
Accept the letter of intent, pay the deposit. After you hear from ur second school, call the school u said yes to and tell them u are gonna take the second offer instead. U will probably loose half of ur deposit or more though. That is what I did. The letter is not binding.

actually, most schools have non-refundable deposit...but look at it this way: the only way for you to lose the deposit is if you get into your better choice...