1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

dilemma

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by aggiedg02, Mar 31, 2004.

1. aggiedg02

aggiedg02 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I need people's suggestions. I have been accepted to one school and have to let them know in a week what my intent is. However, I am still waiting to hear back from another school. If I send my letter of intent to the first school and I get accpeted to the other school (which is my first choice) can I go back and tell the first school that I have changed my mind? Is a legal contract to sign and give intent? What have other people done in this situation? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sunkiki486

sunkiki486 Member
    7+ Year Member

I?m in the same situation: I got accepted to one school and they needed a reply (in the form of a signature and a deposit)? however, I am still waiting to hear back from my first and second choice (which won?t be until April/May). The advice I got from everyone was that I should just accept it ? that way you?re leaving yourself with more options. So if I were you, I would just send in the letter and when you do hear back from your other school(s), write a letter to this school telling them you decline the offer. I?m sure pharmacy schools have experienced this many times and won?t make a big deal out of it. After all, I?m sure they know that most people don?t just apply to one school.

4. tanyas

tanyas Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

you should accept and then if you hear from your first choice, just call them up...I am holding places at two schools since I am still waiting for USC...nothing wrong with that

5. gdk420

gdk420 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Accept the letter of intent, pay the deposit. After you hear from ur second school, call the school u said yes to and tell them u are gonna take the second offer instead. U will probably loose half of ur deposit or more though. That is what I did. The letter is not binding.

6. tanyas

tanyas Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

actually, most schools have non-refundable deposit...but look at it this way: the only way for you to lose the deposit is if you get into your better choice...