Dinner at BU...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hemoglobin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey.. Did all of you guys who interviewed at BU get an email about a dinner next week? Too bad I am so far away -- I would love to visit Boston again! :)

Hb

Members don't see this ad.

I did but I'm not going to be able to go, and I'm not even gonna rank them because my boyfriend didn't get an interview in boston :)( I liked it a lot)

well, I didn't get the e-mail, so I'm going to talk to a girl I know who is a resident to see what is going on.. If she tells me a dinner invitation is tantamount to making their rank list, then I will have made my decision for good as to my #1 choice, where I think I have a decent shot of getting ranked. Of course, my e-mail account is not perfectly reliable..Congrats and good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Irlandesa, I am not sure I'm going to check but I think it's from the minority group, so that's probably why you didn't get it, don't worry about it. you did get the other letter (the one that thanking you for going there,etc, right?)

yep, it talks about diversity and meeting the minority housestaff...

Ahhhhhhh!!! :idea: It took me some time to "click" what they meant by minority housestaff! haha. So HAM2, you are definitely right! And Irlandesa, you have nothing to worry about, sorry if my post got you thr wrong message.

That´s what I get for reading my emails way too fast! :D

Hb

whew..sigh of relief.. yep, you are right, I am quite the over-represented majority in Boston (Irish non-practicing Catholic;)), so that explains it. My acquaintance from BU is Ethopian, so you may end up meeting her there, among many others. thanks for the clarification, and have a great time if you make it up here. HAM, not sure I did get that letter from BU in the mail; of course some of the mail I was supposed to get never showed up while I was out in Springfield during January and my Mom was checking my mail. Or it got delayed, my Yale interview packet showed up on the day I went to the interview! My e-mail is seriously messed up too; the administrator at UMass said she had sent several e-mails out that I had never received.. But all ranting aside, I still have a tough choice for the #1 spot.

irlandesa said:
whew..sigh of relief.. yep, you are right, I am quite the over-represented majority in Boston (Irish non-practicing Catholic;)), so that explains it. My acquaintance from BU is Ethopian, so you may end up meeting her there, among many others. thanks for the clarification, and have a great time if you make it up here. HAM, not sure I did get that letter from BU in the mail; of course some of the mail I was supposed to get never showed up while I was out in Springfield during January and my Mom was checking my mail. Or it got delayed, my Yale interview packet showed up on the day I went to the interview! My e-mail is seriously messed up too; the administrator at UMass said she had sent several e-mails out that I had never received.. But all ranting aside, I still have a tough choice for the #1 spot.

Unfortunatelly I won´t be able to go to the dinner, as I am at home now (Rio de Janeiro).
Wish you good luck with your ROL -- I am having a lot of trouble picking my #1 as well!

:thumbup:

Hb