Dec 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
has anyone been direct accepted this cycle? from my understanding only NYU and Creighton do direct accepting (I.e. w/o interview)

peerless218

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2008
San Francisco
www.facebook.com
Status
Dental Student
has anyone been direct accepted this cycle? from my understanding only NYU and Creighton do direct accepting (I.e. w/o interview)
UCSF and UCLA also has similar programs. If you have a GPA above 3.8, I think 21 or above on the DAT, and if you have enough extra curricular activities AND courage. Then you can apply to either schools' FAST TRACK program. They will accecpt you without an interview. However, you can ONLY apply to either UCSF or UCLA and no other schools. So that's kind of like a risky move.

uclaDDS101

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2009
Boston
Status
Dental Student
UCSF and UCLA also has similar programs. If you have a GPA above 3.8, I think 21 or above on the DAT, and if you have enough extra curricular activities AND courage. Then you can apply to either schools' FAST TRACK program. They will accecpt you without an interview. However, you can ONLY apply to either UCSF or UCLA and no other schools. So that's kind of like a risky move.
Really? I've never heard of this. I should've done that last year.. oh well

Mar 18, 2010
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
When you say direct acceptance, do you mean acceptance out of high school? What EC's would you need?

Dec 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
no someone strait out of high school would never be qualified to be directly accepted to dental school. the minimum for most is a four year degree, some allow 3 years or 90 credits at the college level. In many cases candidates require a masters level education before being accepted. what I was asking is if anyone has been accepted this cycle without an interview

AmpedUp

The Legend Still Lives
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2009
Status
Dentist
no someone strait out of high school would never be qualified to be directly accepted to dental school. the minimum for most is a four year degree, some allow 3 years or 90 credits at the college level. In many cases candidates require a masters level education before being accepted. what I was asking is if anyone has been accepted this cycle without an interview
In the ADEA guide it only shows that Creighton accepts students without an interview...

Dec 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
In the ADEA guide it only shows that Creighton accepts students without an interview...
are you sure about that... i read some where NYU can do the same thing. I'm going to go check my ADEA book right now, i may be wrong

AmpedUp

The Legend Still Lives
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2009
Status
Dentist
are you sure about that... i read some where NYU can do the same thing. I'm going to go check my ADEA book right now, i may be wrong
Well, it's in the first few pages if you're looking for it...it's just a No/Yes list

peerless218

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2008
San Francisco
www.facebook.com
Status
Dental Student
Really? I've never heard of this. I should've done that last year.. oh well
Ya I just found that out last year when I visited UCLA and their admission director told us during the presentation.

Dec 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Well, it's in the first few pages if you're looking for it...it's just a No/Yes list
yup your right, I called NYU yesterday to check on my app and asked them about it. They said it used to be the case, but recently changed the rules about interview requirements

uclaDDS101

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2009
Boston
Status
Dental Student
Ya I just found that out last year when I visited UCLA and their admission director told us during the presentation.
Noemi or Dr. Sanders?

..I was under the impression that the "fast track" referred to the first 30-50 applicants who got an early interview date. The point being that they still had to interview..

peerless218

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2008
San Francisco
www.facebook.com
Status
Dental Student
Sanders, don't quote me on the exact detail on everything though. I only know there is such a thing as fast track for sure .

Last edited: