Direct Accession questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tingting

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions in regards to coming in to the Navy dental corps without using HPSP. I have a friend that is now a 4th year dental student that has been trying for months to get into a Navy dental program and there seems to be a lot of misinformation about whats available.

To qualify for the 150k accession bonus do you have to be a licensed dentist, or is it available for 4th year dental students pending graduation and licensure? Is there any other programs available for 4th year students so that they can get commissioned this fall so that they can come into the Navy immediately after graduation? As I understand the 1925 program is no longer available and I remember seeing in a WDU a few months back that there is only several loan repayment scholarships available. What are the current options? Thank you for any assistance.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a few questions in regards to coming in to the Navy dental corps without using HPSP. I have a friend that is now a 4th year dental student that has been trying for months to get into a Navy dental program and there seems to be a lot of misinformation about whats available.

To qualify for the 150k accession bonus do you have to be a licensed dentist, or is it available for 4th year dental students pending graduation and licensure? Is there any other programs available for 4th year students so that they can get commissioned this fall so that they can come into the Navy immediately after graduation? As I understand the 1925 program is no longer available and I remember seeing in a WDU a few months back that there is only several loan repayment scholarships available. What are the current options? Thank you for any assistance.

Where did you hear that the 1925i program is no longer available?

After initiating the application, the recruiter involved apparently got word from above there was no more 1925i billets for the current year as they filled a quota for new dentists or something of that nature.

Is the accession bonus $150k now, I thought it was $75k.