directions to northwestern

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by AtYourCervix, Jan 10, 2002.

1. AtYourCervix

AtYourCervix Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey...
    does anyone know how to get to the northwestern grad dorm on 850 north lakeshore from midway airport via the "L"? i think you take the orange line to the red line, but i am not sure which stop to get off at. anyone have any help? feel free to PM me. thanks!

dukegirlie

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. you take a couple lefts and a few rights and you should be there in no time.

4. alice

alice Senior Member

the stop is chicago. you then walk down e.chicago ave towards the lake. make a left and go a block. the grad dorm is on the lake. maybe do mapquest or look on the nw web page for better directions.... that's just what i remember.

5. shogun

shogun Member

DukeGirlie,
    This is something I can definitely help you with.

1. Take the Orange Line from Midway. You have to put money on a transit card. Each ride cost $1.50. If you transfer, which you will need to do, it costs another .30 cents.
    2. Get off at the State/Lake stop. This is in the Chicago Loop, so you might want to pay extra attention since the Loop can be confusing.
    3. You will be on an elevated platform, so get off the platform to the street level. You should an entrance to the Red Line right there at the intersection. This will take you underground.
    4. Take the Red Line heading north to Howard.
    5. Get off at the Chicago stop.
    6. When you get back up to the street, head east on Chicago Ave. In case you are turned around, just look for the John Hancock building(the really tall black one).
    7. Keep going east until you literally run into Lakeshore Drive and the lake. The admissions office will be on your right, and so will the law school and the American Bar Association. On your left will be a big field with a track. The med student dorm is on the northeast corner of that field. Just look for the tall brown building with ghetto looking fire escapes.
    8. The El map can be found on <a href="http://www.transitchicago.com" target="_blank">www.transitchicago.com</a>

Hope this helps

6. pre-hawkdoc

pre-hawkdoc Senior Member

DukeGirlie,

When are you going to be in Chicago? I'll be there next Mon/Tues and am also staying at 850 N. Lakeshore. See you there?

7. AtYourCervix

AtYourCervix Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    thanks for the help, shogun!

i am leaving for chicago in a few hours because my interview is tomorrow. good luck to everyone interviewing at northwester...im really excited about it!

dukegirlie ;)