Director of Pharm

Wes1015

10+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2008
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
    I wanted to know what schooling and things you have to go through to be a pharm director, also what is required to work for those drug making companies? im currently pre-pharm and want to know what i have to do

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
    Moderator Emeritus
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Mar 25, 2008
    1. Pharmacist
      Most DOP positions only require a PharmD or a BSPharm, but some positions may require additional qualifications like a MBA/MPA. If your ultimate goal is upper management, I would recommend a dual degree like the PharmD/MBA or MPA. Its not necessarily a requirement but it would definitely help a lot.

About the Ads

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jan 8, 2007
      1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
        I don't think you understand what im staying, I want to work for a drug company OR be a director of pharm @ a hospital
        I don't think you understand what you're saying. DOPs have to fight off drug reps, because most of the reps' products aren't on the hospital formularies for good reason.
        So basically, what you're saying is that you want to be one extreme or the other.

I hate to rehash cliches, but GO STUDY. I study off and on all day long, so if you want to get into pharmacy school and become a student, you need to make better use of yourself. Also, you need to have a better understanding of the different branches within the profession before you can narrow down your choices like that, which will take time and experience.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.