You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Director of Pharm
Started by Wes1015
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Most DOP positions only require a PharmD or a BSPharm, but some positions may require additional qualifications like a MBA/MPA. If your ultimate goal is upper management, I would recommend a dual degree like the PharmD/MBA or MPA. Its not necessarily a requirement but it would definitely help a lot.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DOP is a thankless job..
what you mean?
reading the first post it looks like the OP is actually asking about drug companies (manufacturing) rather than DOP at a hospital.
im talking about both hospital and drug companies
Cashier is a thankless job..DOP is a thankless job..
what you mean?
That as a DOP you get to deal with all the crap regular pharmacists can just push off to the DOP.
Concept of "pharm director" does not apply to drug companies. Unless you use it in a meaning I cannot comprehend.im talking about both hospital and drug companies
Concept of "pharm director" does not apply to drug companies. Unless you use it in a meaning I cannot comprehend.
I don't think you understand what im staying, I want to work for a drug company OR be a director of pharm @ a hospital
I don't think you understand what you're saying. DOPs have to fight off drug reps, because most of the reps' products aren't on the hospital formularies for good reason.I don't think you understand what im staying, I want to work for a drug company OR be a director of pharm @ a hospital
So basically, what you're saying is that you want to be one extreme or the other.
I hate to rehash cliches, but GO STUDY. I study off and on all day long, so if you want to get into pharmacy school and become a student, you need to make better use of yourself. Also, you need to have a better understanding of the different branches within the profession before you can narrow down your choices like that, which will take time and experience.
Moved to main pharmacy forum as applies more to pharm in general than to residencies/fellowships.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K