Disability Insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donnie54

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

I'm a private practice pain doc looking to buy disability insurance. I'm looking for advice where to look for it, any pitfalls, and how to get a decent quote. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

there's different waivers that are nice to add on --- one of these is being able to increase the amount of coverage at any time without a medical exam

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,

I'm a private practice pain doc looking to buy disability insurance. I'm looking for advice where to look for it, any pitfalls, and how to get a decent quote. Thanks.
Mike Bruno I bought from as a resident. He was super knowledgeable, ethical, and prompt.
At that time I shopped around quite a bit and his prices r low, u won’t find much better anywhere.
I have referred a number of people to him and they r all happy.
I have zero financial relationship or kickback.
I know a pretty good amount about personal finance...and my dad is an accounting/finance professor and chatted with him on the phone before I bought and was impressed.
Our Advisors : MJB Financial Services

hey guys,

Look at an Own Specialty definition, residual, recovery, benefits to age 65, contract that can't change your policy language down the road, and either a 90 or 180 day elimination period. There are 6 carriers in the market that have that definition and structure.