Disability Insurance

Started by donnie54
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

donnie54

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys,

I'm a private practice pain doc looking to buy disability insurance. I'm looking for advice where to look for it, any pitfalls, and how to get a decent quote. Thanks.
 
there's different waivers that are nice to add on --- one of these is being able to increase the amount of coverage at any time without a medical exam
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys,

I'm a private practice pain doc looking to buy disability insurance. I'm looking for advice where to look for it, any pitfalls, and how to get a decent quote. Thanks.
Mike Bruno I bought from as a resident. He was super knowledgeable, ethical, and prompt.
At that time I shopped around quite a bit and his prices r low, u won’t find much better anywhere.
I have referred a number of people to him and they r all happy.
I have zero financial relationship or kickback.
I know a pretty good amount about personal finance...and my dad is an accounting/finance professor and chatted with him on the phone before I bought and was impressed.
Our Advisors : MJB Financial Services
 
hey guys,

I'm a private practice pain doc looking to buy disability insurance. I'm looking for advice where to look for it, any pitfalls, and how to get a decent quote. Thanks.
Look at an Own Specialty definition, residual, recovery, benefits to age 65, contract that can't change your policy language down the road, and either a 90 or 180 day elimination period. There are 6 carriers in the market that have that definition and structure.