• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Discussing a "most meaningful activity" in my PS *and* in secondaries?

akg0119

Apr 29, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm starting to pre-write some secondaries and I see a few schools ask in some capacity about a most meaningful non-academic achievement. If my real answer to this question centers on something I wrote about extensively in my PS and in a "most meaningful activity" for work/activities, would it be a bad idea to bring it up again as the answer to the secondary question? Although I would obviously not directly repeat myself and would do my best to cover new ground/refer to a new perspective, the fundamental core will be very similar. Is this a bad idea? This activity is something that had a huge impact on me and I feel is relatively distinguishing, but at the same time, I don't want to be repetitive to the point that my entire application seems boring and one-note. Thank you!

Monkeymojo

May 23, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
It is a 'holistic review' so showing you are multifaceted and having a variety of experiences to pull from is obviously ideal... but you have to work with what you got. It is hard to give additional advice without knowing the achievement you used in your PS and what your best plan B option is if you chose to not reuse it.

Reactions: 1 users

random14

Apr 13, 2020
  1. Medical Student
Think about what else might fit the prompt. At the very least, if that experience is really so significant, then tell a different specific story in each place even with related themes. If you have lots and lots of hours in this activity, it may be entirely fine.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.