Discussing telehealth vs clinical research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lake_Front

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I was completing my secondaries, there were often times where I mentioned wanting to continue forward expanding on telehealth research I have completed in the past. It was definitely more interesting and something I found a lot of interest in, but I feel that this is definitely more of a public health topic and as someone not applying to MD/MPH programs, does it look off if I mention that to be my research interest in medicine?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As I was completing my secondaries, there were often times where I mentioned wanting to continue forward expanding on telehealth research I have completed in the past. It was definitely more interesting and something I found a lot of interest in, but I feel that this is definitely more of a public health topic as someone not applying to MD/MPH programs, would it be smarter to just stick moreso towards the clinical research I have completed in the past? Or does it not really matter.

Doesn't matter. Doctors are involved in public health as well (and often in leadership roles in it) so there's no reason to avoid it as a topic if it's something you're passionate about.

Reactions: 1 user
Doesn't matter. Doctors are involved in public health as well (and often in leadership roles in it) so there's no reason to avoid it as a topic if it's something you're passionate about.
Great, thank you. I just wanted to make sure an adcom doesn't read the line "I would like to continue telehealth both in medical school and after" and wonder why I am not an applicant to their MD/MPH program.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Great, thank you. I just wanted to make sure an adcom doesn't read the line "I would like to continue telehealth both in medical school and after" and wonder why I am not an applicant to their MPH program.

I'm not sure why you would think telehealth is a realm exclusive to public health professionals given that doctors are often the ones doing the appointments.

I'm not sure why you would think telehealth is a realm exclusive to public health professionals given that doctors are often the ones doing the appointments.
Sorry, I edited it, just meant MD/MPH (not MPH alone).

I was mainly wondering because I was looking at research opportunities at a specific school before writing their secondary, the research opportunities in telemedicine were restricted to their MD/MPH students which had me wondering how it would be looked upon my application review at other institutions.

Last edited: