Disgruntled Female ODs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bobsacamenoh

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any female ODs unhappy with their career choice? I have been reading the negative reviews about optometry as a career and they seem to have mainly been given by males.
 
I don't know about all the other girls.. but I LOVE what i do. I know I'm still a fourth year student, but having been out on internships for almost a month now.. it's great. I meet new people every day, I get to talk to them, check out cool eye things, and will eventually make decent money doing this.

The other female ODs that work here at the VA are all very nice. The residents leaving in a month have all found decent jobs (some are entertaining multiple offers)....