Disgusting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Priapism321

Bursting with enthusiasm
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.pharmalot.com/2008/12/pharmacist-convicted-over-conflicts-of-interest/

Pharmacists are often in a good position to counter the undue influence of the pharmaceutical industry, however, they are exceedingly becoming a larger part of the problem. This honestly makes me want to vomit. That is all.

Members don't see this ad.

What's so disgusting about it. It's a good story...the scumbag is being penalized. It would be disgusting if he gets away with it...

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but did you notice the headline further down the page? "Pfizer Buys Rights To A Drug To Fix A Curved Penis." :laugh:

I read the article, and it's about a drug to fix Peyronie's Disease, but the real thing is not as eyecatching as the headline.

...Don't knock my immaturity.

Last edited:
On a more serious note...was it wrong for him to accept money for supervising interns? Does this mean that precepting has no financial incentives, and pharmacists are supposed to do this out of the goodness of their hearts?

I am surprised the pharmacist was prosecuted. I know several physicians that are paid drug consultants and they are on the state funded P&T Committee. Conflict of interest?

On a more serious note...was it wrong for him to accept money for supervising interns? Does this mean that precepting has no financial incentives, and pharmacists are supposed to do this out of the goodness of their hearts?

why not, as a profession we seem to provide many of our other skills free of charge

I didn't dig into the court documents, but I would imagine he was taking money that wasn't earned in some regard. Of course preceptors should be compensated for supervising/mentoring students, but this particular druggist is not what I would consider the embodiment of ethics/morality, so I wouldn't be surprised if he never even met the students he was collecting cash for "supervising."

What's so disgusting about it. It's a good story...the scumbag is being penalized. It would be disgusting if he gets away with it...

Excellent point, as per usual. It was my first "thread start" had to try and garner some attention.

Thanks for posting. Just accepted some cash to consult patients take more vitamins. I am going to give back the cash. Tie.

really sad to say but pharmacy in america is a business. you don't really see pharmaceutical companies thriving in millions in other countries. Nowhere else do you see t.v. saturated with drug ads except here in the u.s. ??