Disorderly conduct conviction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dentalassociate

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like Im going to be convicted of this. What are the chances that a school will still keep my acceptance if I get one? So far Detriot Mercy, Nova, Ohio state interviews.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dont think its too bigga deal it counts as a minor misdeamnor anyway right. As long as you say what happened and what you learned from it you're good.
 
Yea 1 week ago, after I submitted all the apps and got invites
Hrmm... the fact that it happened so recently makes it more of a red flag in my opinion. I think if something like this were to have happened earlier in your college career, it would be easier to work around.

Everyone makes mistakes, so I hope the schools you applied to are able to look past it. Best of luck dude.
 
It can be difficult to get very recent convictions expunged, but not necessarily impossible. Depending on what state you live in, getting a criminal record expunged means that, legally speaking anyway, it never happened (i.e. To the the question, "Have you ever been convicted...." you are within your rights to answer "no.")
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad