dispensing Naloxone OTC //cvs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sosoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
has any cvs pharmacists dispensed naloxone OTC? i've asked many pharmacists and not one has done it or know how to, including two pharmacist managers. is there a form that you scan as a hardcopy and fill and verify? or do you just ring it out at the register without typing it up?

Members don't see this ad.

This is going to be a state by state thing. Check with your BOP.

has any cvs pharmacists dispensed naloxone OTC? i've asked many pharmacists and not one has done it or know how to, including two pharmacist managers. is there a form that you scan as a hardcopy and fill and verify? or do you just ring it out at the register without typing it up?
Did you look on RxNet? My store has a binder printed from RxNet that mirrors the immunization binder. It has ordering info as well as policies and procedures.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you look on RxNet? My store has a binder printed from RxNet that mirrors the immunization binder. It has ordering info as well as policies and procedures.

Thanks i'll check it out.

Hows DFW? Do you need a housemate haha

DFW is a totally different world. it's like C2 heaven here compare to where im from. Even low volume stores are loaded with hydrocodones.. and when i spoke to MDs about mixing Fentanyls and Oxys together, they dont seem to care whether the patient lives or die..

In Oregon, we have training paperwork provided on the BOP website (I've attached it here). The client has to read through the paperwork then sign and date the last page. The last page then becomes the hardcopy for the pharmacy to store for 3 years.

Attachments

• naloxone-training-protocol.pdf
    495.5 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: 1 user