distance learning degree programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sunflower79

Plays well with knives
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am considering a distance-learning masters degree program at a fairly known school (either public or private, haven't decided) before applying to medical school. But I DO know that getting the MD is my ultimate goal. The main reason I am considering distance learning is that it allows me the flexibility I need because I will also be working full-time.

My question is, how do med schools look at these programs? As long as they are at well-respected places like state schools, or Tulane or even Johns Hopkins, does it matter that I earned my degree by distance learning? Am I at any disadvantage?

thanks for your comments.