Distinguish a PET from a SPECT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Linguandre

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I am a new member, and I am an Italian medical student. I would like to know how we can distinguish a PET image from a SPECT image on a practical level: if I see two images (a PET and a SPECT), and I don't know which is which, is there any way to tell that one is a PET image and the other is a SPECT image? The only thing I know is that the spatial resolution is different (higher in the PET).
I thought you might help me.
I appreciate your help and any answer you can give. 🙂

Linguandre