District Pharmacy Supervisor position is back at CVS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CARph

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just saw this job posting at CVS so I'm wondering if CVS is back stepping after merging the pharmacy district supervisor position with the front store district manager into a District Leader. At my district at least my District Leader is from the front store and knows nothing about pharmacy other that what he reads and heard from his meetings and my district's results have been bad since he took over....

Job Title :
Pharmacy SupvFld Mgmt
Job ID :
774892BR
Category :
Pharmacist
Job Description
Ensures that Pharmacists in area of responsibility comply with all federal, state and local laws as well as standards pertaining to the pharmacy. Provides professional, developmental and technical guidance and support to Pharmacists. Manages the company’s pharmacy marketing, quality control and inventory optimization programs. Optimizes pharmacy sales and profit.
Manages the pharmacy marketing program that includes but is not limited to patient counseling, doctor detailing, patient recruiting, identifying levels of generic substitutions and developing price structuring and in-store screening programs. Works with the District Manager to ensure standards are adhered to as they pertain to the practice of pharmacy within the stores
Communicates corporate programs to Pharmacists (e.g. store bonus program, etc.). Provides status updates and keeps Pharmacists informed of personnel policies and procedures. Seeks out opportunities relative to the pharmacy acquisition program.
Ensures professional quality control standards are maintained through control of misfills (identifying and correcting the causes), optimization of process flow and communication of professional pharmacy practices. Ensures Rx inventory optimization by monitoring store inventories and sales. Markets to Third Party Organizations.
Participates in the recruitment of Pharmacists and assists with college recruiting. Establishes procedures to follow through and obtain feedback on the recruiting process from initial interview through placement. Implements training programs involving interns, extern's and newly hired Pharmacists. Selects trainers for the intern/extern programs and identifies stores to be used for training.
Works with the HR Business Partner in the areas of performance appraisal, salary management, succession planning and training. Attends professional conferences as a participant and/or a speaker. Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.

Members don't see this ad.